Monday, December 25, 2006

TABLE TALKS...# 2

TABLE TALKS WITH MESSENGER ELIJAH MUHAMMAD

NOTE: Messenger Elijah Muhammad is identified in these talks as "Holy Apostle"
In the Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful, The Lord of the Worlds
Recorded from 6/16/74
She: Yes, well, I had given myself over to it, I got in a trance over this music. This old man told me that this music was what played before people would go into a Temple to get you into the spirit to communicate with thoughts. He was telling me to direct my thoughts on one word or one thought or one picture and keep it on that until you achieve unification with that. Then you can direct you mind into other channels. I got to that stage. I thought I couldn't move. I knew he was speaking to me....(Interruption by another dinner guest that we shall designate by the initials AB).
AB: He was continually speaking to you while the music was going?
She: He left me there.
AB: But every now and then he would say something to you right?
She: Yes, when he came back I couldn't lift up my arm. I was on a plane (state of mind) where I felt I was away from everything yet I could see in the third person. He said if you put yourself in the 3rd Person you can't feel pain or anything to your body because you are looking at yourself from the outside, therefore you are not conscious of anything that is inflicted upon you as a person. I that's true Sir. So I was in this hypnotic state....
All Table Participants: That's right and that's the secret right there. You were in a hypnotic trance.
She: He could speak to me, and I couldn't move. I could hear him and everything, but I couldn't do anything until he threw water on me and slapped my face.
AB: Sister, while you were under this hypnotic state he could have told you anything he wanted to and you would have believed it. He could have suggested things to your mind such that from now on you would believe this and you would do this and do that and you would have been inclined to do them especially if you had gone to him more than once or twice.
Holy Apostle: Look at the magician. He stands up and produces live rabbits, chickens and turkeys and all such as that seemingly coming out of his hat. None of it is real. There is no such thing as rabbits jumping out of a hat unless they are put there. These are tricks, sleight-of-hand.
Questioner: That is of course an important consideration I think. Its important to be able to understand that the rabbit didn't come out of the air. It is a material thing that came from some other material thing.. That rabbit was born somewhere and the magician had to bring it to the place from whence it was shown.
Holy Apostle: But how did he shutter our eyes bring a trick, curtain or vision here to make us believe it was something actually completely different than what it was? He could not produce a glass of water unless he were to go somewhere and take it out of a hydrant. But I see a glass of water. Well alright then, if I did not see him get it out of the hydrant he has tricked my vision right? Well this is the thing I am coming to. Regardless to the education we may acquire, if we don't believe in the truth of reality we are bound to be headed for the fisher's net. Now this poor Sister here, just listening to her, I looked over an area of millions of people while she was talking. What I mean is it came into my mind that there are millions of people like that. What is the best way to convince them? You have to convince them with reality. Our People, they have for many centuries, thousands of years worked hard with each other to show that I am greater in power than you. And now they have a greater field of trick power, that you are better than me at tricks, And I will worship you power of tricks. And this is the kind of thing now that gives us trouble and drags us into the net. We must just remember that it is not the real thing. We must remember that this is not the way of God and if its not the way of God, we don't partake of it. When you get that kind of mind nothing will have power over you. She was talking about this Hinduism power that kind of captivated her. She thinks there is a little something in it, that she can use it, that she can bring you out from the Detroit or Milwaukee with the power of her mind because she was tricked under that kind of power. She was depending on it and felt she could do it because under those circumstances it looked like it worked alright. But if put to a test she couldn't do anything. No! if put to a test she couldn't do anything.
AB: That's Right. And her teacher, if put to a test, If his life depended on it........
Holy Apostle: That's right, if put to a test he and his teacher and his fathers Teachers, you can put them all to light with the power of truth.
Questioner: That's beautiful Dear Holy Apostle and if I may, I would like to add that a further protection from that kind of things is the ability to delude beneath the veneer that is put before your eyes and get at the basic of the thing. Certainly your Teaching is such that if one understands the need to get at the root of a thing, The very foundation, your final conclusion will be much more understandable.
Holy Apostle: Now here's a biblical picture. Moses and the Magicians had rods. The Magicians rods could do practically the same thing that Moses rod could do. It could crawl away and look like a serpent. It was so real and looked like it had so much power that Moses became frightened. Maybe he wouldn't be able to convince that people, He thought. Moses was afraid he wouldn't be able to compete with them. Thought Moses, "These birds are pretty strong, they have something crawling around here too." Now remember God back there in the bushes had demonstrated to him his rod and Moses even become frightened out there to see his rod crawling away like a serpent. The God told him , "Pick it up and it will become a rod again." And so Moses picked it up. God said to him, "Now show these signs to Pharoah." O.K. when Moses got there so as to demonstrate his rod Pharoah said, "Well now you haven't done anything. I have some who can do the same thing. Come on Magicians. That was Pharoah's false prophets. He says, "Go ahead and cast you rod." When the Magicians cast their rods the rods crawled around like serpents. Moses was afraid again. Maybe he was being cheated or maybe Jehovah did not give him the Best for these people have rods that do the same thing as mine. Look at the point there. Then, the Holy Qur'an says, Allah says go ahead, you will be the over-comer, cast down you rod. He cast his down and his serpent ate up the Magicians. Then the Magicians were astonished. Pharoah was defeated. The same goes now. The Magicians make a picture before you that looks like it really has divine work in it. God Himself could not (do) any better, you might think. Oh brother! Its not the power of God working there. Some of the scientists say that this serpent that was crawling of the Magicians was the lies that they were telling and Moses put down the truth, and his Truth ate up their lies. It was Truth versus lies. The Magicians had the lies and Moses had the Truth. They were smart with their lies thinking they could win with lies but Moses put down the Truth and it ate up the lies. That's the way one Scientist gives it. I don't say that's exactly what it was. Actually this rod serves as a sign. The rod acts as something we use to chastise. When God asked Moses the first time, "Moses what is that you have in your hand." He says, "My rod that I walk with and that I beat off the leaves that fall on my sheep with." This is a good thing to show Pharoah, some Truth that I have to demonstrate to the world and that will come 4,000 years from now. See this rod, you can use it for chastising. You can use it for resting on, to learn on; you can use it to aid your sheep. I'm going to give a rod that in the Last Day will aid people we will give a sign of that by your rod here. That same rod brought death to Pharoah and his army in The Red Sea according to the Book as he struck the water and the water went together and drowned Pharoah. This was a might rod but this was also an example of what God has in mind in the Last Day. The rod is spoken of in Isaiah as , "And you shall beat them to pieces with the Rod like a clay pot." Referring to people. This is not a literal rod. The Book closes in the last Chapter that a sword came out of the Lamb's mouth to over-come the Beast and brought the Beast to naught. Not with a literal sword but the sword that proceeded out of his mouth. That was Truth. That was the Truth that Moses was contending with Pharoah with. It put Pharoah and his Magicians to death. Right? All Praise Is Due to Allah!!
Holy Apostle: Brother now you can see to get this world into the knowledge of Truth, you have a job.
AB: That's right, because so many people out here are messing up. They get a little bit of knowledge about a thing, especially about fooling with the human mind, that it really messes up the person's beliefs. He could really make you believe he's God if he wanted to.
She: But I think I really learned how to communicate with some people mentally by just focusing my mind on one thing.
Holy Apostle: You did! Alright, communicate with me. Go home and try to communicate with me now.
She: Well Sir your mind is so much more powerful than mine that.... (Interruption)
AB: Well I've got a weak mind, concentrate on me. (General, good natured laughter)
Holy Apostle: That's the Tricknowledgy. You see, the old man was smart. He said if you don't believe, or you don't act like such and such a thing, I can't do anything with you. You admits his defeats.
She: Dear Holy Apostle; you have said that if you think something to be or to come into existence that if that thought is not interfered with, that it could come to pass.
AB: Who said that?
She: The Dear Holy Apostle has said this.
AB: Yes, but who can do this?
She: He said anyone....(looking around the table) didn't he? Didn't some of you hear him say this one night when I asked him?............(Silence)
Holy Apostle: Wait a minute now. Let me tell you what kind of thing...................................